This is a little off subject for me but so many of you were interested and a few of you have already seen results since I storied about it on Instagram this week!
I have to preface this post by saying I am not an expert in skin care. I started noticing some fine lines, loss of elasticity, and texture towards the end of last Summer. I found Gothamista around the same time and dove deep into her Youtube channel where I lost days of my life watching all of her videos. I crosschecked all of her higher priced recommendations with her drug store equivalent finds a thousand times. I learned all about her seven skin method which has you layering your toner up to seven times before your other products go on for ultimate hydration. Obviously you can't expect long term results overnight but I did see an overnight change in the hydration of my skin using this method. I've been using all of the products below religiously for over 6 months and have seen an incredible change in my skin. Of course I have no idea what will work for you because all skin types are so different. My skin used to be in the dry category with some awesome adult acne around my chin which I still haven't corrected completely but I am making strides.
I probably dropped around $150 on my day and night routine but most of the products have lasted over six months and are only half gone with the exception of the Buffet Serum, Rose Water Mist and Huxley oil. I'll need to replace those soon. That's less than 10 bucks a month to take care of your skin, a small price to pay to save your face!
I use a separate day and night routine which seemed a little overwhelming at first but its second nature to me now and only takes a few minutes. Some of this may be out of order with your routine but this is what I found works best for me.
1. Cold water rinse - no cleanser.
Then I add my thin layers of hydration by patting them gently on my skin in this order...
2. Toner- Aloe Soothing Moist Toner - I add at least two layers daily depending on how dry my skin is. You are looking for bouncy skin before the other products go on. Toners are hydrating and help your other products do their thing.
3. Essence- Secret Key Starting Essence - Similar to a toner but brightens, firms and controls sebum for clean pores.
4. Serum- Buffet - A peptide serum that fights multiple signs of aging.
4. Eye Cream- CeraVe - This isn't a miracle cream but it has helped some with my dark circles because it is so hydrating. Caffeine solutions make my circles darker. It's also thin and doesn't give me milia.
5. Daycream with sunscreen- Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel with sunscreen
Every once in a while throughout the day or whenever my skin feels dehydrated I use this face mist. Extra nice if you keep it in the fridge!
Make Up Routine...
Concealer-Perfecting Tint - Super thin, light coverage, lasts forever and gives you a nice glow.
Cheekbones- Haloscope - Wherever you want some extra glow! My fave.
Cheeks- Cloud Paint in Dusk - Love this because its a cream, its buildable, and you can mix it with other colors to get your perfect shade.
Eye Concealer - Stretch Concealer - This one is also buildable and comes in a ton of shades.
Eye Shadow- Naked2 Basics Palette
Mascara- Superhero Mascara - The best Mascara on Earth.
Eyebrows- Boybrow in brown.
2. Toner - (same as morning)
3. Essence- (same as morning)
4. Acids- Here is where it gets a little tricky... I rotate these two every other night - lactic acid 5% (a gentle acid for exfoliation) and retinol 2% in squalane (fights signs of aging, I find it very gentle and hydrating) if I see acne starting or I have texture I want to get rid of I use this Glycolic Acid (a toner that reduces texture) instead of the other two. Then I take the weekends off and skip this step completely.
5. Serum- Bifidalacto Complex - Read up on all the goodies in this bad boy, it activates your deep skin cells and strengthens your skin.
7. Lips- Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask - Super hydrating.
I usually do masks during the day when I have time. I actually wear this Black Sugar Mask while I do a quick house clean on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. The after GLOW is incredible! My favorite mask no doubt.
Love these Tinkle face razors for any unwanted hairs.
That's it. I might tweak some things this summer. Still looking for a great sunscreen that has a stronger SPF and isn't greasy. Sunscreen is really important especially when you are using acids! I'm always on the look out for new products that are cruelty free with good ingredients so I will update you if things change.