We've been doing our best to stay sane and enjoy our time together over here. No rigid schedules but a vague outline of our day just to make sure we don't forget to brush our teeth and change our underwear. The first few days at home just felt like a long weekend with a side of panic. Then our weather forecast took a turn and I knew we would spiral out if we didn't have a few tricks up our sleeve. I ordered a box of crafty stuff, found a few great accounts offering free craft and art ideas, wrote down a list of movies we could enjoy as a family and decided to start a band of the day as part of our own "homeschooling". Here's what we've got so far, I'll keep adding to it over time so stop back anytime!
Crafts we bought or had-
1. Write the Story- 200 pages of assigned storylines with 10 words to use in your story. An example- Write the Story: A Family Mystery Uncovered. Use these words in your story- Sunday, secret, wallpaper, swap, sister, curiosity, island, marathon, demand, notebook.
3. Sun Paper- the coolest way to make art without a camera!
4. The Princess Bride- we are reading a little bit every night together and it's been a great way to take our minds off of things before bed.
6. Paint By Sticker- hand them the tweezers and settle in for some quiet time. This one keeps them busy forever!
7. Wreck This Journal- possibly the worlds coolest journal! It inspires creativity and challenges the author to have fun, embrace change, and step outside the box to truly wreck the journey with their creativity.
8. Glass Pen Markers- for windows and mirrors. Make being stuck behind glass fun.
9. Too Many Monkeys- a fun card game for the whole family.
*Find more of our favorite games in our Amazon shop here.
Quarantine Worthy Instagram Accounts
ARTS & CRAFTS-
@houseinhabit has some great freebie craft ideas in her highlights
@trishazemp is hosting a stop motion camp for kids
@carsonellise started a quarantine art club with an assignment a day for kids and adults
@agirlandagluegun is sharing craft ideas for littles
@groundedclassroom is sharing a virtual story reading and activity a day
FUNNY & GOOD NEWS ACCOUNTS-
@mattsurelee is sharing a funny quarantine graph everyday
@fullmhouse is always entertaining with the challenges they share
@abiayres keeping it real and keeping us laughing
@tanksgoodnews just the good news
@upworthy more good news
@goodnewsmovement because we cant have too much good news right now
List of Family Friendly Series & Movies
*These suggestions range from toddler to teen so use your discretion.
Anne with an E
What about Bob
Swiss Family Robinson
Harry & the Hendersons
Don't tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead
Back to the Future
The Great Outdoors
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
National Lampoons movies
Pretty in Pink
Stand by me
Cant buy me Love
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Field of Dreams
Can't Buy Me Love
I'll keep adding to all of this over time. Hang in there friends!